*Remember our magazine cover conventions*
- -A bold, snappy title reflecting the ethos of your magazine in the top third. What is your title? What does it connote (suggest) to audience? What is your magazine ABOUT?
- -Rule of thirds- how will you use this?
- -A tag line linking to your title - what is this and how will it link to your title?
- -A strong central image using a medium close up / close up / medium shot (no bigger than this and no more than two people; strongest covers use one) What is this image going to show?
- -A colour scheme of three main colours which signify certain connotations you want your target audience to take away with them
- -The letter 'i' and the word 'free' as this is a supplement with the 'i' newspaper- where is this going to be included? (eg will you incorporate it into your title?)
- -A main cover line that is related to the central image and is dominant and placed where the eye goes after the title.
- -Three or four 'flashes' or secondary cover lines telling the reader in short phrases (without connectives) what will be in the magazine. There should be a theme running through these stories that works with your overall ethos.
- -Perhaps a competition
- -Perhaps a strap line at the top and / or bottom of the cover to make it look stylish and clean.
- -Font choice should be consistent and bold and eye-catching (no hard-to-read fonts please or ones that resemble handwriting!)
- -Some links to social media or something that suggests that the target audience can engage with your product on more than one media platform.
Please copy and paste the above and write a short paragraph under each one explaining what you plan to do to match this convention and why you have made those choices. Extra achievement points for using media language (eg the connotation of pink is... OR This will appeal to my target demographic because...)
Please add a paragraph at the end answering these two questions:
a) Who is going to be in your picture and what camera angle / lighting will you use? Who will take the photos?
b) What costume and props and make up will you need to remember to bring in?
We will be doing our photo shoot with professional lighting after half term so you need to have planned to succeed so you can make the most of this opportunity.
Thank you and have a fabulous half term!
Thanks for all your hard work in Media this half term - keep it up and we will match the success of some of the phenomenal work we have seen from previous students on the blogs and in the recent Media Awards 2016.
Miss Fowler :)