Photoshop fruit bowl workshop (continued)
Choose a word from the list provided below:
You should complete a palette on Photoshop with all the colours that fit your chosen word. The next step is to develop this into a creative fruit bowl using the eyedropper tool on Photoshop. Select a photo from Google images that represents the word you have chosen and then paste that into your fruit bowl template. A few links to help you:
Fruit bowl template: Media Shared > Resources > GCSE > Introduction to Media > GCSE Photoshop exercises > FRUIT BOWL COLOUR TASK
Remember to save it in YOUR own folder on the Media Shared drive before doing any work on it.
What we're hoping to create:
If you finish a fruit bowl, you can save it as a JPEG and upload it on your blog. There is an extension exercise using the 'Paste into' and magic wand features which Mr Qureshi can demonstrate if you get there. Have a go at using 'Paste into' using lots of different images that are all related eg horror. Make a fruitbowl using the different images as a collage.
After you have completed your 3 fruit bowls (palette/poster/theme), upload them to your blog and answer the following questions underneath:
1) Which do you think worked most successfully as a design? Why?
2) Show your fruitbowls to the person next to you and get a WWW and an EBI feedback point from them. Write this on your blog with their name.
3) What have you learned about Photoshop? Write out the instructions for another student who has not used Photoshop before. This will help you to revise the skills you have learned.
4) Pick 5 colours and google the CONNOTATIONS of these colours. Add this information to your blog.
5) If you finish all of the above, make a mood board for your theme. Does it match your fruit bowl? How can you tell?
Good luck - the most important thing is that you spend the lesson getting to know Photoshop and making mistakes along the way. That's how we learn! And I will be there to help.
Miss Fowler :)